Thursday, May 10, 2012

No Gym Required, Unleash Your Inner Rockstar

I don't know about you, but I have a very easy time talking myself out of doing sit-ups. This video got me moving because Jennifer advocates using very little in the way of equipment to keep it simple. Ultimately I know that just making a decision to start is all it takes to, well, start! Jennifer Cohen has written, “No Gym Required, Unleash Your Inner Rockstar”, a book that promotes back to basic exercises in your quest for fitness. Ms. Cohen says she realized over the years that the simple, old school movements were the ones that produced the best benefits, and that a gym membership isn’t needed to get fit. A popular phrase that accompanies her philosophy is “anytime, anywhere, all you have to do is decide”. In a video interview, she talks about how bodyweight and minimal equipment regimens produce better results than big bulky gym equipment which performs a lot of the work for you.
The attitude reminded me of my primary motivation for running some time ago. I remember admiring the physiques of runners, when, shazam, I realized I could admire my own accomplishments while running myself! That shift in attitude changed my life then as did the attitude presented here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear your comments.